This post may contain affiliate links. Find out more here.
Moscow mules are a recent favorite. For years I've shyed away from them based on preconceived ideas about what they would taste like, but my new recent ginger obsession and desire to embrace classic cocktails has brought me straight back to this beloved drink.
Moscow Mules are crisp and refreshing and have just the right amount of spicy ginger flavor (I will be talking a lot about ginger in upcoming posts). This fun new take on the classic drink, is the addition of a blueberry flavor in the form of a blueberry simple syrup. Perfect for that end of summer/ beginning of fall party, these will be a crowd pleaser for sure, and definitely will leave your guests wanting more!
- cup of frozen blueberries
- 1 ginger beer
- 1 shot of vodka or ginger vodka
- tbsp sugar + 1/2 cup water (for blueberry simple syrup)
- moscow mule mugs
- bring blueberries, water and sugar to a boil in a saucepan to create the simple syrup, then leave on low heat for about 10 minutes
- let cool, then strain blueberries out
- pour ginger beer and vodka in a glass and stir. add ice and drizzle blueberry syrup on top and stir again
- add garnish of blueberries and basil if you'd like, and enjoy this delicious drink!